Using apps has become the dominant force when it comes to ordering food and packages. People rather spend their time doing more fulfilling things than waiting in line at grocery stores.
This is where Instacart will come in handy. Not everyone lives in a house where the front door is easy to access. Some live in apartment buildings, and this can make it difficult for some shoppers to get to your door to deliver your goods.
Stick around, and we will let you know how to have your deliveries made to your apartment, gated or not, and not face an issue.
We’ll also tell you about a new feature that everyone is a fan of.
If you’re thinking about having your groceries delivered, it’s essential that you learn all the information that we’re going to offer you in this article.
This information will range from how the service works to receiving your delivery anywhere, smoothly, even if you’re in a gated apartment.
Will Instacart Deliver To My Apartment Or Gated Community?
In short, yes. By providing additional “Delivery Instructions” like entry codes, parking arrangements, and other vital info on how to reach your main door, your Instacart shopper can deliver groceries with ease.
- Basically, the process will be reasonably similar. You still go on the application or website, choose your store, and pick out the groceries you want. Then, you’ll find yourself at the delivery step. Fill in the information about your address, and here’s where it differs.
- In the “Delivery Instructions” section of the checkout, input as much information as you can in order to help your shopper navigate the route to your house and then the apartment in the simplest way. Remember, they’re people just like you are, so imagine the information you would like to know if you’re trying to find your way to a friend’s door.
- Also, if you live in a gated apartment, don’t forget to give out your code in the delivery information. Your shopper will love you for this, as many find themselves waiting at the door, calling the person to ask for the code, which can be an inconvenience for you and your shopper.
- Once your shopper enters the apartment, they will follow the directions you provided in the delivery information (which, of course, you were very clear about). Eventually, they, along with your groceries, will find their way to your apartment.
How Does Instacart Work?
The main idea, in short, is doing the groceries and getting them home without even entering a grocery store (Costco, CVS…).
- You pick what market you want to get your order from, decide what you would like to buy, and then schedule your delivery. The delivery time will depend on when your specific store opens and starts from 9 am to around midnight.
- The person who completed your delivery, your shopper, will arrive at your door with your order. Then, you pay him the right amount, leave a tip for the excellent work, and get on with your day.
You can also meet your shopper at the grocery store door and have the transaction there. Considering you’re reading this article, we suppose you’re not going to the grocery door to complete the transaction. Instead, you opted for quick and painless delivery to your apartment.
The benefits of Instacart
- If you have kids and can’t find the time to do groceries. Also, this will be significantly helpful if you’re physically disabled, as this could be a permanent solution to help make life a bit easier.
- You could order groceries without even being at home or have them delivered during a time you wouldn’t be at home. This will be done using the feature we’re going to tell you about, so continue reading.
- You never have to stop being productive in order to get the groceries delivered. You can continue your work at home or play with your kids without taking a trip to the grocery store.
Using Instacart’s “Leave At Door” Feature
An additional feature you can apply is one called “Leave At Your Door.”
You can tick this option while you’re still ordering your groceries and in the midst of inputting the delivery information. The feature will say, “Leave at my door if I am not around.”
Your shopper will leave your groceries at the door and send you a picture of it so as to inform you that your delivery has safely made its way home.
How Much Do I Tip An Instacart Shopper
15% is standard in North America, but it also depends on what you put your shopper through.
If you ordered 600$ worth of groceries, made the shopper wait downstairs for 10 minutes before you gave him the code, then let him carry the entire grocery list up three flights of stairs, a bunch of times – you better leave him a big tip.
Despite this being reasonable and compassionate, it will also serve you well in return.
A person who makes their shopper go through hell and does not adequately compensate them for their hard work will find it harder to get any shopper to accept your order.
Your orders will take longer and longer to be taken up by anyone – it’s not worth it for either side.
Delivering your groceries to your apartment will be fairly similar to the normal process.
The order, though, will require much more information on the address of your apartment, the code if it’s a gated apartment, and clear instructions on how to reach your area of residence.
This information is what will lead the shopper to your residency, so make sure to include adequate info so that your shopper can find the way to your front door.